Prior to your Marriage Ceremony you will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage. Download Notice-of-intended-marriage
Your Celebrant needs to receive the form no earlier than eighteen months before your marriage date and no later than one calendar month before your marriage date.
Overseas visitors can marry in Australia provided they satisfy the legal requirements. Contact Dept Immigration for further details, or seek legal advice. Please contact Diane for a fact sheet.
Your celebrant will also require the following documents for both parties;
- Your original Birth Certificate or Valid Passport
- If appropriate, your Divorce papers or Death Certificate
- Overseas visitors, your passport or original Birth Certificate
For Your Information
- Attorney-General's Department
- Births Deaths and Marriages NSW
- Births Deaths and Marriages QLD